Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ward Picnic



Written 4-30-14
 
It always seems like there's a huge long period of time where everything goes wrong.  The work doesn't progress, travel plans get messed up... the whole nine yards.  And then all the miracles come flooding in and it's so beautiful and wonderful and a reminder to me that this truly is the Lord's work.  

So, working backwards, Sunday we had 3 investigators, one member who had been excommunicated but is working to be baptized again, and 3 inactives at church.  That is the most I've ever had my entire time here in Savona.  We taught Gospel principles and taught a lesson on the attributes of Heavenly Father.  It was so beautiful because one of the less actives shared a story about how her son passed away a few years ago.  One of our investigators also went through the same experience.  They sat there and just held each other and cried.  It was the first day they had met each other.  The spirit of love and joy in the room was so strong.  

So our investigators S. and G. are progressing magnificently.  S. was talking to one of the members about her baptism in 1-2 weeks... yeah we didn't plan that date with her... she came up with it herself.  Both of them are happier every time we visit them.    We keep having amazing lessons.  The people here are so loving and giving.  S. keeps feeding us every time we go over and she's unemployed.  These people are amazing examples to me of what it means to be Christ like and love everyone.  G. loves German so when we leave she kisses me on the cheek and says, "Ciao meine schwester."  Yeah kinda makes me want to cry every time.  

Our investigator E. has been coming amazing.  She speaks only Spanish so we've been doing a lot of lessons of just reading from the pamphlets and watching DVD's in Spanish.  Our last lesson in her beautiful broken Italian, she said that she felt like this was the path she needed to follow.  She loved church and every day she keeps saying how her life is getting better.  

This week we had a picnic with the ward which was sooo fun.  We went to Altare which was a beautiful little picinic spot up in the mountains near Savona.  We brought our own food but the members fed us anyways.  We played tug a war, basketball, volleyball, the kids tied me up with the tug a war rope, and I taught some of the youth some Krav Maga.  It felt so good to relax and have fun with these beautiful people.  We went to a magnificent Santuario after the picnic and there was a fountain there of pure water directly from the stream that we could drink.  It tasted so fresh and delicious.  After the picnic we had a testimony meeting.  S. said that she had wanted to bear her testimony but was too shy.  I was so excited when she said that.  She's also inviting the Anziani to teach her daughter's boyfriend.  I dont' have any updates on that yet but I'm crossing my fingers.  

Through experiences too sacred to share, I've really come to know my Heavenly Father and my Savior more this week than ever in my life.  I've had to rely on my Savior in so many ways.  This truly is His work so no wonder that we need to rely on Him in order to do it.  

Thank you so much for the emails, cards, letters and everything Easter.  Please pray for me, my companion and the beautiful people here in Italy that this work can move forward.  

Love you all soooo much!

Sorella Hatch

Word of the week:  Simpatizanti (Sim-paw-tee-zon-tee).  Investigators.
Scripture of the week:  Proverbs 3:5-6
Challenge of the week:  Savor every beautiful experience

No comments:

Post a Comment