Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Christmas Day post



This was written on Christmas day in the MTC.  12/25/2013

Dear family and friends,

On this beautiful Christmas morning I am so grateful for this Gospel.  I only have 20 minutes to write so there won't be much detail.  I'm so tired and sick all the time but I have seen the Lord working miracles for me to keep me going.  Thank you sooooo much Aunt Karen for the homeopathies.  Can you send me a list saying what they are and what they do?  Dad, Mom, David, Thomas and Kyli, I love you guys sooooo much!  Thank you for the amazing gifts.  David I can't wait to read the play.  Tell the Ford's thank you for the beautiful letters.  I will treasure them.  This morning my roommates and I exchanged gifts and opened presents.  I will never forget that experience.  Thank you for all of your emails, cards, letters, notes, etc.  It truly means a lot. 

I invite all of you to take a few minutes and read Luke 1-2 and ponder the purpose of Christmas.  They have really focused on that here in the MTC and it has brought such a profound and deeper meaning to Christmas.  We watched the Nativity last night and Mr. Krueger's Christmas.  Both of those shows truly depict why we celebrate the birth of our Savior.  This is a season of love, service and giving.  I hope you all feel that spirit in your hearts.  The hymn Silent Night in Italian is titled, "Nato e Gesu"  Literally translated:  Night of Jesus.  Christmas truly is the celebration of our Lord and Savior. 

Mom, we are singing Where Shepherds Lately Knelt today for MTC choir.  It is no accident that this hymn was picked.  I wish you could hear the chorus of Angels that sing with us when we practice. 

I didn't make the MTC talent show with O Come O Come Emmanuel but that's alright.  It was a blessing from the Lord for me to practice it. 

Love you all soooooo sooooooooo much.  Merry Christmas.  Froliche Weihnachten.  Buona Natale.  More details of Christmas coming next week.  Hugs, Kisses, Smiles, laughs, tears of joy.  Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment