Saturday, January 11, 2014

VIVA ITALIA!

Ciao Famiglia e Amici!
So I know I wrote Wednesday but saying that today is P day because I leave TOMORROW MORNING for Italy we get P day today.  So a little update, Sunday was amazing.  We had a wonderful mission conference where they talked about trusting in the Lord.  They discussed how we need to trust him with our missions and that everything will work out the way they are intended to.  They talked about developing the faith of a little child (Mosiah 3:19). We had sacrament meeting.  My "calling" in the branch is music coordinator and my companion and I were able to organize a bunch of Elders to sing I Need Thee Every Hour... the men's choir version.  They did it for our opening hymn.  It was one of the most beautiful numbers I've ever heard.  I felt such gratitude for these amazing Elders.  We had a massive branch testimony meeting and everyone cried and bore the most spiritual testimonies.  After that we had more studying and then a departure devotional.  I learned a lot at that devotional that this truly is the Lord's work.  We are his instruments and he is working through us fulfill his work.  After dinner (which tasted heavenly because it was fast Sunday) we had a fireside and then watched The Mountain of The Lord.  It is a film about the construction of the Salt Lake Temple.  Then there were some tearful goodbyes to several friends who left this morning.  Hope you all travel safely!
One thing that I've learned this week is that forgiveness and love can heal all wounds.  I won't go into detail but suffice to say that friendships that I thought were destroyed have now been strengthened and I'm grateful for the trials we went through.  It was hard and there were many times where I didn't know what to do or how to proceed.  But once again I've learned that the Lord has an answer for everything. 
One blessing I've received has been to meet Sorella Durante.  She is a sister from Milan going to France.  It has been soooo fun to get together with her when we get back to the residence hall at night and speak Italian for a few minutes.  She has been so patient with me as I've learned and made goofy mistakes while speaking with her.  She laughs because I sound like a three year old when I speak because I have hardly any grammar or conjugation.  She is awesome.

So at 3 am tomorrow morning I will be up and getting ready to go to Italy.  I fly from Salt Lake to Dallas, Dallas to London and London to Milan.  I will be traveling for over 24 hrs which will be awesome and exhausting.  But I am definitely looking forward to sleeping for more than 6 hours.... I plan on somewhere between 8-12 on the plane. 
The MTC has been one of the hardest and best experiences of my life.  I have learned these principles:
We can do hard things.
Missionary work is the Lord's work.  It is never just the efforts of the missionary.
My zone is AMAZING and I will miss them so much.  I will treasure the friendships I have made here forever.
I've learned so much about patience and charity that I never thought was possible.
The Gift of tongues is real.  It is manifested every day.  When a missionary speaks in a foreign language, and they qualify for it, the gift of tongues is manifested.
Christ is our Savior and knows us personally.
We are children of a Heavenly Father who knows us better than we know ourselves.
Trials are a blessing because they are an opportunity for us to grow and become refined.
Charity, the pure love of Christ can heal and solve any problem we have with others.
I love the MTC and I will miss all the amazing people around me.  Love you all!  See you in a year and a half.  Next time you hear from me, it will be from Italy. 
Vi Voglio Bene.
Con Amore,
Sorella Hatch
This was taken during the practice.  All these Elders sang I Need Thee Every Hour

The Italians

The District

Missions worldwide

Awesome Elders!

Da Map!

Gonna miss these people!


soooo excited for Milano!

No comments:

Post a Comment