Monday, January 27, 2014

FOCACCIA!

Salve Tutti,

You may ask why I start out this email with the word Focaccia... well let me explain.  Focaccia is white bread with oil and some spice.  It sounds plain but it is one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life.  We get it for snacks and it literally puts me in a happier mood.  This week we had an awesome lesson with an investigator.  She has committed to baptism except that she's leaving the country for a month so we have to wait until she returns.  The day we taught her had been a rough day and I just wanted to go home and sleep.  Well at the end of the lesson, the member that came with us gave us 4 huge slices of focaccia.  It was a miracle in itself for me.  It honestly confirmed my faith that the Lord takes care of his missionaries.  It sounds silly but it tasted so good.

So how's Italy?  Well Italy is pouring rain for three days straight.  It's riding bikes with brakes that die a little more everyday in the pouring rain.  It's being tired, hungry and constantly praying out loud or in my heart all day.  It's eating fresh home made lasagna at a dinner appointment and going to food heaven and back.  It's riding for hours on trains trying to talk to as many people as we can.  It's studying and listening to the spirit trying to figure out what we need to teach the investigator that day.  Italy is a lot of things.  Even though some of them are good and some are bad, overall, they are the best experiences ever.

Right now we are working with a lot of less actives and investigators and it has been a miracle to watch how the Gospel changes their lives.  We talked to a gentleman while we were waiting for the train.  At first he kept rolling his eyes and looked really annoyed at us.  But after we prayed with him, his countenance literally changed and we could see that he was happier and felt more calm.  

We had a miracle day where we taught six lessons in a day.  Keep in mind that lessons also count as literally sharing a thought with someone and saying a prayer after.  But we were able to exceed our goal for the last two weeks of how many lessons we taught.  I've learned that when we are precisely and exactly obedient, that's when we can accomplish miracles.  

I'm learning a lot about patience.  I have to be patient with myself, the language, others around me... everything.  There are many times where I feel like my patience is gone and then the Lord puts someone or something in my life to remind me to keep going and not freak out over every single detail.  As hard as it is I'm grateful to learn these concepts.  

One funny thing is that apparently I don't annunciate my words all the way when I speak Italian.  Well some words mean different things depending on how you say the word.  I don't even want to know what weird sentences have come out of my mouth lol.  

This week, I challenge all of you who aren't missonaries currently, to find one person and share something about the Gospel with them.  It may be scary or awkward at first but it truly brings miracles into people's lives.  

Vi Voglio Bene!

Sorella Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment